Saturday 14 July 2012

Art in the Park

My town hosts an annual "Art in The Park" weekend every summer. It's one of my favourite times, so when I had the opportunity to volunteer, I took it. We have artists from all around our area and even from as far as Toronto come down and set up booths in our little patch of shade. It's full of live music and vendors and food stalls and summer air and shade. I had to get up early yesterday and today to help set up tents and booths, and spent time walking around, giving water bottles to vendors and handing out brochures and chatting.
My favourite part was the group of singers that sang a bunch of old, 1950's-esque songs acapella. There were even some Andrews Sisters, which was fun to sing along with (with my sister!)








No comments:

Post a Comment