Friday 29 June 2012

the best of television (according to mari) #1: firefly

I watch a lot of television. A lot, a lot. I adore storytelling in all forms, and television is a great example. I love the characters and the development and conitinuity and the way it's filmed. All in all, television is compleatly magical to me. I especially adore "behind the scenes", but this segment will be based on the television show itself. Even though I've never been the best with summaries, I figured a short yet regular segment would be interesting to me and you. Let's watch some TV!

Today's pick is one of my all time favourites, the science fiction televison series Firefly. This show was a short-lived creation of Joss Whedon. Firefly has a considerable fanbase and has achieved almost cult status even though it was short. It's a science fiction staple; a must-watch. With all of our favourite sci-fi effects, lasers and spaceships mixed with witty dialoge and western slang, it's a fan favourite. This show set around a mixed bunch of renegades running from the government. The stories are excellent, the writing is amazing, and the character development just draws you in. Unfortunately, like many other Whedon works, people either love it, or hate it. I'll let you be the judge, but it's something I highly reccomend to everyone.
This preview is for the movie (which came after the series) but it still gives you the epicness.


Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment